6. tammikuuta 2012

New Year's Resolutions

This year is going to be a Titanic year!

I'm participating the 1911 corset sew along organized by Bridges on the Body.


I'm also participating the 1912 project organized by Vintage Fashionista. It's really good timing, because I have my own ever-ongoing project to slowly transform the insides of my closet to more 1910's and Downton Abbey inspired.

I'm also making a Wanhojen tanssit (kind of a really formal prom) gown for my little sister. It's on hold until she gets back from Japan, where she's spent the last eight months as an exchange student. It's going to be a two-piece gown in mauve satin. The bodice is a slightly boned corset with lacing at the back and the skirt has three layers black tulle on the satin. So far the skirt is almost finished, but to make the corset ready I need to try it on her.

As model and inspiration I used these two pictures from Belle Modeste: the corset and the skirt.

It seems it's going to be a busy spring, because on top of all my sewing projects, I'm participating the Nordic Moot Court on the European Convention on Human Rights. It means that at times it will come first, but nevertheless, my New Year's Resolution for 2012 is that I will write here more regularly and post more pictures.

1 kommentti:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...