6. tammikuuta 2012

Looking back to 2011

I was very productive last year. I think I finished more costumes than I've ever finished all together. That's mostly because for once I had place to wear those costumes. I regret that I have very little photos of any of the events I attended in costume.

But anyway here's a list what I made and where I wore it:

I'm dancing early dances and baroque dance in a dance group called La Porte du Temps (in Finnish only). It's lead by Maria Hostikka-Ala-Kihniä, one of the very few baroque dance professionals in Finland. We had a performance at Sofia's Day in May. Sofia's Day is a history event organized by Helsinki City Museum on Sofia's name day in 15.5. every year. There's always lots of program in Senat's Squere area in Helsinki center. This year we were part of a dance performance called Helsinki through the ages. We started the show with renaissance Pavane, Galliard and Canario and baroque Sarabande pour une femme, La Folia, La Bourgogne and Subligny's Menuet. We were followed by a Swedish menuet group called Menuett Akademien and a Finnish folk dance group Seurasaaren kansantanssijat.

I made two costumes for the event: the 1770's polonaise from Janet Arnold's Patterns of Fashion 1 and an
undated renaissance gown of purple velvet.



In June I finished my Chemise à la Reine and wore it in the Les Lumières event called Washington Assembly (in Finnish only). And a Sense & Sensibility 1914 Afternoon Dress which I wore at We   Helsinki event on Midsummer's Day. We   Helsinki is a kind of a dance hall event organized maybe four five times a year. It's kind of a bar, but hey play Finnish "schlagers" from 1930's-70's and people dance waltz, tango, humppa, foxtrot... It's really fun.



In July I finished another dress by Sense & Sensibility, the 1910's Tea Gown. And I wore it at Ropecon ball.

During fall I made some accessorises for my newly found vintage evening dress, which I wore at my student organizations annual dinner. I made a small purse, a fascinator and a belle époque styled evening cape.

And lastly I finished my 1870's bustle gown for a ball on Finland's Independence Day.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...